CODE OF ETHICS
- the recovery of all persons shall be promoted and assisted by
providing the highest quality of care.
An objective, professional relationship shall be maintained at all times with all current clients, and their families, or significant others. A strict policy of non-discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, national ancestry, sexual orientation, or economic status shall be adhered to.
- The basic human rights of the client shall be respected,
including the clients’ right to make their own decisions and to
participate in any plans made in their interest.
- When it is in the clients’ best interest to refer or to release
them to another programme, such referral or transfer shall be effected
- The legal requirements for confidentiality of all records,
materials, and communications regarding clients, their families, and
significant others, shall be followed.
In the absence of such laws, the client shall be informed of
situations that require information that identifies the client as a drug
abuser to be passed to entities outside the programme.
- Continuing education and training for professional growth shall
- Respect for the rights and views of colleagues and members of
other professions and other programs shall be demonstrated.
- The certified individual shall give precedence to professional
responsibility over personal interests.
Copyright © 2003 - 2017 APSAC.