MISSION AND GOALS
Welcome to the official website of the Association of Professionals Specialising in Addiction Counselling (Singapore)!
As the leading
association of professional and lay Addiction
Counsellors in Singapore, we are committed to providing support,
networking opportunities, advanced training and certification of
professional competency for our members to assist them in becoming
more effective counsellors
I hope you will find the information
you need at our website.
Contact us for more information, questions and suggestions, including ways we
can improve our website.
you for visiting our website.
Established in September 1998, the Association of
Professionals Specialising in Addiction Counselling (APSAC) is an
independent, non-government, not-for-profit body that offers
certification to addiction counsellors who meet the
internationally established and recognized standards of professional
is a member of the International Certification and Reciprocity
Consortium (IC&RC). Its members include local boards in the United
States, Canada, Sweden, Germany and Bermuda, Greece, Puerto Rico,
Malaysia and Singapore. The IC&RC is a voluntary organisation of
certifying bodies which awards administrative reciprocity to counsellors
who have fulfilled the certification requirements of its members.
To provide public awareness
and promote competent and quality services through certification of addiction counsellors engaging in the prevention and treatment of behavioural and substance addictions.
provide certification opportunities to local practitioners.
- To enhance the professionalism
of addiction counselling field in Singapore.
- To provide local authorities
with a standardised measure of determining competency.
- To provide networking,
educational and training opportunities to local practitioners.
to training, conferences and workshops organised by APSAC.
- Voting privileges to certified
- Opportunities to network with other certified members.
of belonging to a professional association representing your chosen
Who Benefits from Certification?
- The patient and/ or client: To assure competent, professional addiction counselling services to persons suffering from behavioural and substance addictions and to improve the quality of service being provided to the client and family members.
- The public: To assure professional competency which will meet the standards required for licensing, accreditation, and third-party payers.
- The addiction professional: To provide a respected, marketable credential of professional competence and to enhance the role of the addiction counsellor.
- The profession: To provide a method whereby the highest professional standards can be established, maintained, and updated.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 APSAC.